Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Boot camp





Wow, it has been 2 years since I last wrote on my blog.

I have decided to just update here and there about my new experince in boot camp. I get up 3 days a week to work out at Cardinal's Sports Center. I have been doing boot camp since May 1st and can I please tell you that it kicks my tail EVERYDAY! But, I have finally started to enjoy working out again much like I did when I was in high school and playing sports!


I never thought I would ever say it but I am actaully trying to get ready to run a small race. I would LOVE to run a half marathon sometime in the near future. My goal is to run a half marathon in Hawaii as well as qualify to run the Boston or the New York Marthons some day. My mother thinks that I am crazy.


My working out has paid off so much. I am feeling so much better every day. I feel energized even though I am waking up at 4:40am to get to the gym by 5 am. No worries! I usually run a little late in true Jessica fashion. :) I get to buy new shoes every 2-3 months. Even though they are tennis shoes I still get the satisfaction of going shoe shopping, which every girl loves. And I work out with some of the best friends a girl could ask for each morning. They keep me motivated as well as grounded.

Thats all for now. I will keep you all updated on my new work out experince and how it goes every week. I do konw that there is a fun race coming up in October with all sorts of obsteculs at Spirit Ranch. (More deatails later when I get them) and I am actaully really excited to run it. I mean, what person would not be excited for a 5k race that involves mud and a fire pit. HA!!

Here is a quick look at some photos.



















June 2010 in Flordia for Emily's wedding. We had a long day at the beach as you can tell from my sunburn. I think I stayed red that whole trip! :)












August 2011- Enjoying music with Susan


1 comment:

  1. Well I must say, you look gorgeous so keep up the good work! Better you than me....you know how I feel about mornings. I love you!

    ReplyDelete